Tuesday, March 10, 2009

IN LOVING MEMORY OF . . .


LucyBoots May 2008 - Feb 2009
It is with regret we say Goodbye to LucyBoots. She came to live with us last summer and departed as quickly as she came. On spring day, she was on the deck, meowing away and we fed her. She was a joy. She greeted us each morning as we left for work (whatever the hour) and slept at the back door, watching over our home. She had taken an old coat of Kyle's as a bed and a box that we had from a tool purchase.
She had had some run ins with a cat from the neighborhood and had come home one day with a cut on her nose. Once, she was gone for a few days, but was back again. Then one day, her collar was missing. I had taken this picture to include her in our creatures. I had left her out during that posting. Little did I know, that this would be the last day we would see her. We purchased her a new collar on 2/13/09 and never got to put it on her. We had hoped that she was just out and about, but now have excepted the worse. Our neighbor reported that he also lost a chicken that week. We have had a hawk guarding our chicken pen and there is always a fox around. I dislike the thoughts of the worse, I only hope that not having her collar, she is alive and well, eating salmon and milk with someone that has offered her a home. Salmon skin hot off the grill was her favorite, with cold milk.
Goodbye Lucy!! We will truly miss you always.
Love
Us

No comments:

Post a Comment